Monday, May 26, 2008

I miss everything


My name is Francesca. I come from Korea. I have been in Soul for 60 years. These days I miss it very much. I remember that I used to go to middle high school by electric tram. I miss my friends Jun hae sun and Lee bong ho,too. I also miss my son , daughter-in-law, my grandson, my sisters and my brothers. I used to go to a department store with my second sister almost every day. When I studied pipe organ I practised three hours a day in the church. I accompanied every mass with the organ. I studied for 5 years, so I played with my feet very well. Playing the organ is very different to playing the piano. Our church has one thousands parishioners. We always had two funerals a week. Sometimes we had one every day.

At the time my husband passed away, I was very very sad and heart broken. I was wearing only black clothes. I didn't meet anybody and I didn't go anywhere.I stopped playing completely, so I lost my skill. Finally I realised if people are dead, they have mouths, but cannot speak, and eyes, but cannot see. They have ears, but cannot hear and noses, but cannot smell. They have hands, but cannot feel, and feet, but cannot walk. They cannot make a sound. These days I miss my late mother, my late father and my late husband. I regret I am well and alive. But I have decided I will live more generously, more helping other people, and with goodness. I will thank GOD for all. God bless me.

1 comment:

rosa ochoa said...

Francesca, you have worked very hard this semseter. I hope you continue with this blog, even if you are not in my class. You are doing a great job!